Desktop Support Department Lead in Washington, DC
Responsible for managing IT Department of 25 technicians and all operations. Will be required to either organize and schedule solutions or provide break/fix service themselves to any type of trouble ticket. Must have at least 2 years of managing 10+ direct reports.
- Candidate must be able to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Provide a high level of flexibility and creativity, able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Assists IT Techs whenever required.
- Provides responsive customer service and support at all times. Detail orientated to perform immediate analysis of problem resolutions and implements corrective actions to improve service delivery and avoid recurrence. Position may be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
- Can demonstrate leadership and project management skills.
- Must have good problem solving skills evidenced by past performance and the ability to work under tight deadlines when needed.
- Must be flexible and able to manage multiple/detail-orientated tasks
- Minimum 10 years working in a technical help desk/service desk
- Good organizational skills are a must
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Ability to communicate effectively
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Background check required
- Must be able to lift 50lbs. or more, stand on feet long hours.
- working knowledge of XP, Windows 7, Office 2007
- experience with pc hardware including, desktops, laptops, printer, monitors, and fax machines
- experience with network printing
- experience with mobile devices
- Apple and MAC OS knowledge
- experience with DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP, Cisco or Juniper VPN software
- Establishes system by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of PC and server hardware, software, LAN and WAN networks, and operating and system management systems; defining system and operational policies and procedures.