Asset Handler Admin in Washington, DC
Asset Handler Admin
- This person reports administratively to the Resources Lead Manager.
- The Asset Management Handler Admin is responsible for the Shipping/Receiving processes; also provides customer service support and Inventory functions as described below.
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment: Compares identifying information on incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against orders and/or other records.
- Conducts daily physical inventory of all storage areas.
- Properly packing equipment and placing shipping labels on packed cartons.
- Will be back up for deliver and pick up equipment at offsite location. (Must have a clean driving record and driver license)
- Inserts shipped equipment into containers, using spacers, fillers, and protective padding.
- Properly sanitize, surplus and dispose of excess equipment per federal guidelines. (Experience with OSCAR CEPO program is a plus.)
- Utilizing and updating tickets in Remedy (Experience with Remedy Asset Management RAM).
- Unpacks and verifies incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Reroutes equipment to miss shipped departments.
- Work with vendors on unlabeled shipments.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Scan all packing slips into Asset Management by the appropriate CRQ (Remedy ticket or Change Request ticket) to reflect the current order status.
- Update CRQ’s (Remedy ticket or Change Request ticket) daily with information pertinent to order status
- Once Order is completed closing CRQ’s (Remedy ticket or Change Request ticket) to reflect final review
- Knowledge with computer/ IT related equipment is a plus.
Requirements & Conditions:
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience: 2-5 years’ experience in shipping, receiving, inventory, and warehouse;
- Skills, Knowledge, Abilities: Computer experience, with average to advanced skills using Microsoft Office Products.
- Remedy Asset Management (RAM). Must be able to lift 50lbs. or more, stand on feet long hours. Must have a good driving record, and be detail-oriented.
- *Must have a valid drivers license and good driving record!*
- **Must Pass Public Trust Background Check**