Full Time Exempt
OVERVIEW: Axiom Space is the commercial leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services, steered by a team of experts and guided by the vision of a thriving home in space that benefits every human, everywhere. Axiom provides unprecedented access to the International Space Station today while building and operating its successor – the world’s first international commercial space station – to improve life on Earth and foster possibilities beyond it. Our mission-driven team is seeking a bold and dynamic Vice President of Marketingwho will define and drive the marketing vision of our company while building a world class marketing organization.
SUMMARY: The Vice President of Marketing will report to Axiom’s Chief Revenue Officer and will be responsible for building a marketing organization that is a steward of the Axiom brand and is a highly analytical and performance driven services organization capable of supporting multiple stakeholders across multiple long-term, short-term, and immediate marketing needs.
Note: Proof of COVID – 19 vaccination status (vaccination card) will be required for employment otherwise a request for or medical or religious accommodation is necessary
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement an integrated marketing strategy for Axiom Space
- Recruit, train, mentor, grow, and retain marketing leaders and talented marketing practitioners
- Manage marketing leaders in branding, performance marketing, and marketing services
- Set standards for marketing operations and services across the organization
- Support revenue, external affairs, government operations, investor relations, and engineering departments to meet company and business objectives.
- Develop and implement marketing plans, including promotional calendars and programs, new product introductions and other marketing projects.
- Create processes to support strategic communications (led by external affairs) with creative services to help reach Axiom’s external and internal stakeholders, on various channels including social media.
- Develop, manage, and monitor marketing budgets
- Establish performance marketing metrics, key performance indicators, and real time dashboards to set and measure growth targets.
- Manage agency providers, consultants, freelancers, and other suppliers, including contract negotiation and management
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field required, MBA preferred
- 15 years of experience as a marketing leader, with 5 plus at director level or above
- Experience managing marketing teams and projects
- A fundamental understanding of brand marketing and performance marketing is required
- Experience in a marketing services role (large company, startup, or agency) is a plus.
- Knowledge of finance, especially expense management and profit and loss statements, is desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skill
- Excellent communication skill, verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills
- Result oriented personality with a creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to simplify complex information and tell a compelling story
- Ability to work in a team environment
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
- Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
- Teamwork – Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
Axiom Space is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Axiom Space does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.