Must Be a US Citizen.
The Information Management Platform for Data Analytics and Aggregation (IMPALA) environment provides an infrastructure hardware platform and software services to the Human Health and Performance Directorate at NASA JSC to conduct data analytics work.
The individual will work in a technically diverse and dynamic environment with a team of engineers and administrators in all aspects of operating and managing the central high performance computing and Linux infrastructure that supports IMPALA.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for compliance with Safety, Health, and Environmental plan
- Responsible for compliance with Quality Assurance Plan, policies and procedures
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance level as determined by the Company
- Responsible for completing all assigned training
- A developer with proficiency in Tableau
- Develop custom dashboards using Tableau based on business requirements provided by the Project Manager.
- Design and develop interactive Tableau dashboards and reports, and recommending dashboards per Tableau visualization features.
- Leverage data from diverse sources – relational databases and Cloudera HIVE
- Expertise in setup of sites, projects, workbooks, views and data sources.
- Contribute to and assist in defining best practices around dashboard development testing, access management and refresh scheduling.
- Publish and manage Tableau reports into production
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or STEM field
- Minimum 1 years of experience in Visualization / Analytics using Tableau (both extracted and live connected data source
- 1-2 years of experience in Data Modeling and Business Intelligence
- Python development experience
- Expereince working on multiple projects in Tableau
- Experience in all aspects of data warehousing including data architecture, analysis and design, ETL and Business Intelligence
- The ability to bridge the gap between end-users, technical professionals
- Experience with Big Data analytics is a plus
- Ability to organize complex concepts in written or presentation formats