Must be a US Citizen
- Support development, review, and maintenance of project requirements included in the Project Technical Requirements Specification (PTRS), Interface Control Requirements Documents (IRCDs), and Master Integration, Verification and Validation Plan (MIVVP).
- Review Program level requirements documents, environments specifications, and design and construction specifications and evaluate impact to project.
- Perform and review system level architecture trade studies and analyses that will influence the overall system design and performance.
- Utilize Cradle ® requirements management tool to define, trace and integrate project requirements and associated products.
- Perform and coordinate system level analysis and/or test within team and matrixed organizations.
- Ensure the interfaces between subsystems are properly captured and documented in appropriate requirements.
- Work in a team environment and report to the team lead to provide status on progress and issues and for support.
- Perform other duties as required.
This position is posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate’s experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree in engineering, math or science from an accredited school and ten (10) years of direct engineering experience, or a MS or Ph.D. degree from an accredited engineering school and eight (8) years of direct engineering experience.
- Experience with the development of space systems requirements documents.
- Experience with the design, assembly, verification, testing, and operation of space hardware.
- Basic knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in the space hardware field, such as mechanical and electrical system design, engineering drawings and sketches, material selection, and design software and tools.
- Ability to prepare written documents and to verbally present at various meetings.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
- Prior experience/knowledge of Cradle® requirements management tool.
- Prior experience/knowledge of Extravehicular Mobility Unit (EMU) requirements and/or advanced space suit development design, and verification.
- Familiar with Johnson Space Center (JSC) organizations, processes, and procedures.