The purpose of this position is to provide administration, maintenance and support of Medical and Mission Information Systems (MMIS) in the Human Health and Performance Directorate (HHPD) at the NASA Johnson Space Center (JSC). Tasks will include focusing on improving the stability and performance of systems, maintaining and improving the security posture of the systems, continuous monitoring of system health, and troubleshooting issues that arise. This individual is accountable for Linux, Windows and application systems mitigation and continuous monitoring for IT Security compliance in accordance with current regulations. This includes both physical and virtual servers, network hardware, firewalls, switches, routers, storage area networks and wireless access points. Duties include tuning system performance, vulnerability remediation and installation of software using techniques and tools for the most efficient solutions to meet business needs.
• Responsible for compliance with Safety, Health and Environmental plan; must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the Company’s safety policies and rules and must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel
• Responsible for compliance with the Quality Assurance Plan, policies and procedures Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance level as determined by the Company
• Responsible for completing all assigned training
• Responsible for IT Security compliance for Linux and Windows servers/workstations and software.
• Responsible for the installation and maintenance of security patches on production, integration and development systems
• Responsible for maintaining confidentiality of all PII data to which access has been granted
• Responsible for adherence to NASA IT Security Policies
• Responsible for adhering to defined systems management and project management practices
• Responsible for assisting in the evaluation of new products, systems improvements, and upgrades
• Maintains and grow technical expertise in all areas of IT Security, networks, systems, and software
• Reports to the Infrastructure Operations and Support Team Lead for day-to-day functional activities
• Focus on continuous improvement with an emphasis on customer service
• Provide weekly status reports of work activities to the Infrastructure Operations and Support Team Lead and IOS Discipline Lead
• Ensure that deliverables meet KBR and NASA quality standards
• Perform additional duties as assigned. Responsibilities occasionally require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advance notice.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. REQUIRED: (must correspond with description listed on the Composite Rates and Skills Table)
A Bachelor’s degree in a related Information Technology discipline plus 10 years of experience in the information technology field, or equivalent experience.
2. DESIRED: Industry Standard Certifications; Linux, Microsoft, Cisco, VMWare and/or IT Security and/or previous NASA experience
– Knowledge of Windows Server Operating Systems (Server 2008 – 2016)
– Knowledge of Linux (RedHat or Ubuntu)
– Strong communication and customer service skills.
– Knowledge of current IT Security vulerability, mitigation and reporting processes
– Knowledge of VPN solutions, Encryption software, vulnerability scanning, anti-virus software, with Splunk and Nessus Vulnerability Identification Tools.
– Knowledge of Apple Mac (MacOS 10.X) systems
– Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory (AD) and networking configurations