Must Be a US Citizen.
This position within Human Health & Performance Information Technology (HHPIT) is intended to provide technical application solutions to meet customer needs by configuring SharePoint sites using built-in SharePoint functionality and custom SharePoint solution development (client-side). The selected individual will provide support for the design, development, testing and implementation of medical data information systems and/or interfaces for various users, including the JSC clinics, Space Medicine staff, and mission medical support teams as well as other business units. The general purpose of these systems is to support the accumulation, storage, display, analysis and exchange of human subject health related data between various groups. SharePoint configuration activities will be performed using SharePoint 2010, 2013 & 2016. Migration from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013/2016 will be a major part of the job.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for compliance with Safety, Health, and Environmental plan; must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the Company’s safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel
- Responsible for compliance with the Quality Assurance Plan, policies, and procedures
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance level as determined by the Company
- Responsibly for completing all assigned training
- Know and adhere to policies, procedures and work rules, and demonstrate a strong work ethic.
- Maintain confidentiality of all medical and personal information to which access has been granted.
- Participate in all areas of the design, development, testing, implementation, training and support of various SharePoint-related HHPIT application development projects, using an integrated software development process based on industry best practices.
- Support the technical goals of the HHPIT Application Development Team by working closely with the HHPIT Team Lead in all application design and development phases.
- Participate in design and planning meetings to support the technical infrastructure needs of various projects.
- Gather and document functional requirements from user representatives.
- Develop documentation of technical design specifications and as-built technical system documentation.
- In cooperation with the HHPIT Team Lead and other HHPIT developers, design all layers of proposed applications/sites, including user interface, middle-tier and database (as applicable).
- Configure SharePoint to support the requirements and design for all layers of proposed applications/sites.
- Conduct appropriate unit testing and system/integration testing of all developed applications/sites.
- Assist with the proper coordination and conduct of user acceptance testing of all developed applications and SharePoint sites.
- Work with users and technical support staff to coordinate and execute proper migration of developed applications/sites into a production environment.
- Assist in the development and delivery of user and/or technical support staff training on developed applications/sites.
- Provide weekly status reports of work activities to HHPIT Team Lead.
- Develop, execute, and adhere to project plans and project schedules for all work as approved by the HHPIT Team Lead.
- Balance customer requests with practical constraints to set and meet project deadlines
- Bachelors Degree
- 5 Years Experience with SharePoint
- The ability to communicate both verbally and writing with personnel at all levels
- Experience with object oriented programming
- Experience with relational database design/development and analytical design/development
- Experience with software development in a medical environment
- Experience with modeling concepts and modeling tools
Required Demonstrable experience in the following technologies
- SharePoint configuration
- SQL Server
- SQL Server Reporting Services
Desired Experience with the following
- ShareGate Migration Tool
- SharePoint REST Service, SharePoint Add-ins
- Client-Side Rendering, SharePoint Framework
- Microsoft Analysis Services
- Team Foundation Server
- Software development skills including ASP.NET, C#, XML, AJAX, web services