Location: On-Site in Pasadena, CA (JPL)
Clearance: Must have an Active TS/SCI
Looking for a Software System Integration Engineer with an active TS/SCI to work on a Customer project at Jet Propulsion Lab (JPL) in Pasadena, CA
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Integrate software and hardware in a DevOps environment
- Document procedures for integration, installation and usage
- Perform deployment of software, smoke checks and document issues on target
- Capture daily logs of activities
- Provide support to task leads and systems engineers and developers
- Interfacing with customers, planning and meeting milestones
- Working shoulder to shoulder with team mates on integration and test activities, using their proficiency in software development to augment team’s effectiveness.
Education / Work Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or other related discipline and a minimum of 10 years of experience leading small teams to develop software solutions.
Will be required to travel to another location approximately 3 – 4 times per year
Current DoD 8570 Tier II technical certifications
Clarification of skills:
Looking for System engineers who have testing/analyze experience and some coding/scripting. Knowledge and experience with BASH scripting as well as programing experience using C++, JAVA and Python.
Looking for a technical hands-on person in software integration and test not coordination/ facilitator / leadership systems engineer
- 5-10 years of working in software development, user desktop support, and front-line support on mid to large sized projects
- Strong experience with Linux, Windows, Networking and Virtualization
- Experience with Containers and Cloud solutions
- Well versed in source control apps and agile workflows such as GITHUB and JIRA
- Current DoD 8570 Tier II technical certifications
- Jenkins and/or Bamboo experience
- Experience in DoD systems engineering lifecycles
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with evolving software/hardware infrastructure
- Ability to serve multiple customers both on site and remotely
- Additional IT certifications desirable
Please note that this is initially based on a one year contract. Depending on multiple factors; including funding and employee performance there is the possibility for extension of the task or a new task for selected candidates.