*Must have an ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE
*Must have a PMP or DAU the DOD equivalent to a PMP
Location: Warren MI
-Seven (7) cumulative years of work experience (within the last 10 year period) in planning, coordinating, and monitoring projects within DoD.
– Five (5) years supporting a program(s) valued in excess of $480 Million (ACAT I) in an analytical role.
– Five years’ experience in tracked/wheeled combat vehicle programs supporting program life-cycle management processes, using DoD 5000 weapon systems acquisition processes and program planning for a Major Army Weapon System valued in excess of $185 Million (ACAT I or II), and Army staff procedures.
– Five (5) years in a position that requires use of the FAR, DFARs, and DoD 5000 series acquisition policies and procedures.
– Must have supported a program through at least one major Defense Acquisition Board (DAB) or equivalent process with experience interacting and coordinating with higher-level Department of Defense staff agencies (e.g. specific interaction with Assistant Secretary of the Army for Acquisition, Logistics and Technology (ASA (AL&T)) or other similar DoD staff agency).
– Five (5) years’ experience utilizing Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and Adobe Acrobat.
Education: Level III: A master’s degree in a specialized field* plus a minimum of 1 year of applicable experience; or, a bachelor’s degree in the specialized field* plus 7 years of applicable experience; or, a bachelor’s degree in any field with a minimum of 9 years of specialized experience. *Specialized Degree Field: Communications/Public Affairs or related field. Specialized/applicable experience must be in the area of Communications/Public Affairs or related field.
Summary: Shall serve as the operations officer to the PM or PD offices. Will provide services for various operations and activities of the PM or PD and Deputy Program Manager (DPM). Services include supporting the creation and management of various complex management projects, issues and initiatives. Will manage projects to assure priority actions are coordinated, staffed, and properly executed throughout PMs or PDs to guarantee timely, cohesive and accurate execution of work.
Shall respond to informational requests from PM or PD offices, Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), and external oversight organizations. The requests may consist of both scheduled requirements and ad hocor short notice requirements, all of which must be drafted, properly coordinated, and completed in a timely fashion. Will staff Congressional inquiries, track responses, and report the outcome to the PM/PD leaders and/ or COR. Provide program information, analyses and recommendations to leadership for program actions and decisions.
Provide recommendations to PM offices on effective methods in resolving questions from the PM or PD to correct deficiencies in a timely manner, and in evaluating support to PM or PD management to assure the objectives are being met. Review and respond to Requests for Information (RFI) and taskers from Program Executive Office Ground Combat Support (PEO GCS) command and coordinate/obtain concurrence from the PM/PD prior to release. Review the PM or PD’s daily correspondence with PEO GCS command, recommend courses of action, and provide PEO GCS taskers to the appropriate PM or PD office and other business groups to ensure the taskers are completed.
Research current DOD (to include DOD 5000.1 and 5000.2), Department of Army (DA), Army Materiel Command (AMC), Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), and local guidance to recommend policy and procedures in relation to current projects, taskings, issues and concerns. Analyze information and data, assess progress of programs, projects, and processes. Organize, manage, and present information to include oral recommendations.
Interface and coordinate with the following higher level staffs: Army Materiel Command(AMC) ; Assistant Secretary of the Army for Acquisition, Logistics and Technology (ASA(ALT)); Department of Army(DA); Office of the Secretary of Defense(OSD); The Army Research and Development Command (RDECOM); projector product managers; various productor service teams engaged in research, development and engineering(RD&E); senior Life Cycle Management Command(LCMC) officials, General Officers, members of the Senior Executive Service and industry executives.