The Department of the Army, PEO Ammunition, Project Manager Maneuver Ammunition Systems (PM MAS), requirement for on-site Information Technology (IT) support, coordination and management of PM-MAS networks, hardware, software, operating systems, applications and creation/maintenance of graphics for presentations and trade shows.
Sr. Hardware Manager | Qualifications & Responsibilities
- The candidate must have the credentials to obtain a DOD admin card including Comptia Security+ and a computing environment certification in the field they are supporting.
- The candidate must also obtain a SIPRNET token.
- The candidate must provide support for computer hardware with workstations and laptops, Outlook/Exchange technology, information assurance including secure networks (SIPRNET), VPN remote access systems, VTC, SVTC, DMUC (DoD Mobility Unclassified Capability), and emerging technologies.
- The candidate will be required to register new equipment in NODEREG, image and configure workstations and laptop computers in the Microsoft Windows Active Directory Environment utilizing the CONUS SCCM images on the PicaNET Build VLAN.
- The candidate will need to assemble driver packs and if necessary create drivestore files. All workstations and laptops need to be certified in accordance with NEC guidelines prior to deployment. The candidate will monitor and request scans of OPM-MAS workstations and laptops using NETREG to ensure that the computers are not quarantined or disconnected from PICANet.
- The candidate will troubleshoot NIPR and SIPR network support issues. The candidate will utilize and troubleshoot software vulnerability management and information assurance tools such as SCCM and McAfee.
- The candidate must work with the following software: Adobe Acrobat Professional DC, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, Microsoft Excel 2013, Microsoft PowerPoint 2013, Microsoft Word 2013; and with the following Information Technology Software: Active Directory User Manager, Adobe Flash Player, Adobe Shockwave Player, Axway Desktop Validator, BitLocker Disk Encryption, Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client, Google Chrome, Host Based Security System, IBM Lotus Sametime Connect, Java Runtime Environment, McAfee EndPoint Security, Microsoft Internet Explorer 11, Windows Media Player, Mozilla FireFox, MS SCCM Client, NetReg, NodeReg and Webmail application.
- The candidate will be required to work with Public Key infrastructure (Common Access Card) for the sending and receiving of digitally signed and/or encrypted email, digitally signing of documents and access to government websites. Knowledge on the retrieval and installation process of users expired encryption keys for the viewing of old encrypted emails is required.
- The contractor must work with secure network systems (SIPRNET) and assist users with profile setup, email and print setup, transmission and storage. The contractor must also submit Remedy tickets to request repairs and software installations.
- The candidate will be required to operate and troubleshoot hardware such as, Blackberry devices, iOS Devices including iPhones and iPads, MiFi Devices, Plotters, PC Platform, Printers, Public Key Infrastructure (CAC), and Video teleconferencing equipment.
- The candidate will act as the Network Enterprise Center (NEC) Liaison and be required to report maintenance issues to the NEC contractors and ensure repairs and/or resolutions are carried out in a timely manner utilizing the Remedy Ticketing System.
- The candidate will coordinate with NEC and properly dispose of hard drives and will coordinate with HAZMAT for the proper disposal of UPS, laptop, cell phone batteries and any other equipment that needs special disposal.
- The candidate will work with the OPM-MAS building manager with hand receipted items inventory and turn-ins of obsolete hand receipted items.
- The candidate will configure and recommend purchase of computers, monitors and projectors available from the CHESS Consolidated Buys.
- The candidate from time to time will be required to support procurement teams by imaging and setup of computers in other buildings located at Picatinny Arsenal.
- The candidate must set up and operate video teleconferencing equipment (VTC and SVTCs) including testing, establishing bridges and troubleshooting as needs arise.
- Candidate must have knowledge of and experience with BitLocker encryption.