Company Conformance Statement
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Employees are required to:
- Comply with all applicable safety- and health-related rules, regulations, and procedures;
- Work safely themselves and help their teammates work safely;
- Assist supervisors and managers in identifying and mitigating potentially hazardous conditions; and
- Help the organization maintain a safe and healthy workplace.
Purpose of the position
Will perform assigned safety, health and environmental duties as an contract employee onsite at the NASA Johnson Space Center, Ellington Field and NBL. Participates in implementing institutional safety, health, and environmental programs to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and national consensus guidelines.
Principal Responsibilities of the Position
- Co-ordinate and facilitate specialized regulatory and non-regulatory safety training courses for affected employees to increase overall safety awareness and reduce incident reoccurrence
- Inspect and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices for compliance with government health and safety standards and regulations.
- Access, design, implement and review workplace processes and procedures that help protect workers form potentially hazardous work conditions.
- Perform and collect Industrial Hygiene Samples.
- Assist in Updating the Safety, Health, and Environmental Metrics on a Monthly Basis.
- Perform Monthly Safety meetings.
- Assist Wildlife Biologist.
- Manage special projects as required.
Education and Experience Requirements
- A degree in environmental health or safety or related field preferred.
- Experience working with software and data processing application related to health and safety.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen in order to obtain required NASA badge.
- Must be able to provide a certified Birth Certificate (with state seal), Passport, or INS Citizenship documents on date of hire (candidate will be sent home if this paperwork is not provided upon arrival on date of hire).
- Must have the ability to communicate the English language, both verbally and written, in an effective manner.
- Must have, and maintain, a valid Texas driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a Pre-Employment background check and drug screen test.
- Clean, neat, and professional personal appearance.
- Will insure quality and completeness of work in a safe and timely manner as well as insuring areas worked are clean, neat and ready for Customers’ needs when complete.
Special Knowledge and Skills Required
- Organizational and planning skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to interact professionally with various levels of employees and the public.
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply regulatory codes and standards.
- Dexterity as required by the position for office and field assignments.