Must Be a US Citizen.
- Support Resource Prospector (RP) and additional Rover developments.
- Be responsible for the planning, development, review, and maintaining of program requirements including Project Technical Requirements Specification (PTRS), Interface Control Documents (ICDs), and Verification and Validation Document (V&VD).
- Utilize the Cradle® requirement management software and systems engineering tool.
- Prepare materials for the system design reviews and present to the board.
- Work with team members to identify risks, to develop risk statements, and to help them plan risk responses.
- Perform and review system level architecture trade studies and analyses that will influence the overall system design and performance.
- Work in a team environment and report to the team lead to provide status on progress and issues, and for support.
- Perform other duties as required.
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate’s experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and five (5) years of related engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and four (4) years of related engineering experience, or Ph.D. from an accredited engineering school and zero (0) years of related experience.
- BS degree in Systems, Mechanical, Aerospace, or Electrical Engineering from an accredited engineering school.
- At least 5 years of experience in a Systems Engineering role in a NASA or DoD environment.
- Experience with requirements development, design trades, risk analysis, and system analysis of space hardware.
- Experience operating robots, particularly manipulators.
- Experience with CAD and 3D printing.
- Basic knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in the space hardware field, such as mechanical and electrical system design, engineering drawings and sketches, material selection, and design software and tools.
- Ability to prepare written documents and to verbally present at various meetings.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
- INCOSE Systems Engineering Professional certification.
- Experience with NASA JSC Flight Hardware Life Cycle, Certification, and Engineering processes.
- Experience with the design, assembly, verification, testing, and operation of space hardware.
- Working knowledge of NASA, JSC, and ISS standard practices and requirements including safety, fault tolerance, and unique disciplines.
- Familiarity with NASA/JSC documentation databases and SharePoint sites as well as typical systems engineering software products.