Must be a US Citizen
- Develop and maintain multiple project schedules throughout different phases of project life cycle within the Robotics division at NASA/JSC.
- Work alongside project manager and project team during planning, implementation and integration of NASA/JSC flight hardware/software.
- Represent NASA/JSC interests when coordinating with NASA Headquarters on Lunar integrated schedule.
- Generate reports from Microsoft Project, including critical path, to communicate any risk areas to insure on-time-delivery of products.
- Perform ongoing schedule analyses, critical path analyses, manpower analysis, risk analyses reporting, evaluate/recommend schedule improvement opportunities.
- Support the project team to provide clear visibility on status and schedule of project to internal and external customers.
- Work in a team environment and report to a project lead/manager to provide status on progress and issues.
- Perform job functions based on pre-established guidelines or instructions.
- Perform other duties as required.
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate’s experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BA or BS degree in the appropriate discipline from an accredited college or university, plus ten (10) years of progressive and relevant experience. Additional relevant education may be substituted for progressive experience.
- At least 5 years of experience with Microsoft Project.
- Experience with Gantt charts and critical paths.
- Self-motivated, team player and adaptability to a dynamic environment and the ability to complete all assignments as required.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines and schedules with limited supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and will be expected to effectively interact with customers and management at all levels.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills necessary to proactively interface with the project team members and with the various customers.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
- 3 years or more of experience with NASA and/or JSC flight hardware certification and other flight hardware processes.
- Familiar with Johnson Space Center (JSC) organizations, processes, and procedures.
- Experience with Robotics.