Must be US Citizen
- Support Johnson Space Center’s activities on the International Space Station and space exploration.
- Work in a team environment to analyze requirements from the customer and develop design solutions.
- Design, develop, test, handle implementation, and analysis of technical products and systems.
- Perform engineering design evaluations.
- Produce engineering drawings conforming to JPR 8500 and other applicable standards.
- Perform dimensional fit tolerance analysis including thermal effects.
- Perform functional analyses, when applicable, and sizing structural analyses.
- Produce drawings conforming to ASME Y14.5 as well as support design with standard hand calculations for fit, function and structural strength.
- Prepare and present designs at various design reviews using MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Produce other required design documentation.
- Perform other duties as required.
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate’s experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and five (5) years of related engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and four (4) years of related engineering experience, or Ph.D. from an accredited engineering school and zero (0) years of related experience.
- Must have the ability to produce drawings conforming to ASME Y14.5, perform dimensional fit tolerance analysis including thermal effects and to support design with standard hand calculations for fit, function, and structural strength.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have working knowledge of machine shop processes and familiarization with the structural and thermal analysis process in development of hardware.
- BS degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.
- Familiarization with JSC Engineering Drawing System Manual (JPR 8500).
- Familiarization with JSC Fabrication Tolerances and Practices (SKZ36103755).
- Minimum 6 years of experience designing flight hardware and creating drawings for NASA/JSC.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience using solid modeling CAD software including 6 years of experience using PTC CREO or Pro Engineering.