- Engineering leader of the Energy Management Control System (EMCS) department guiding HVAC Crafts regarding troubleshooting and repair of HVAC controls.
- Monitor and manage alarms within Honeywell Enterprise Building Integrator (EBI) system used as a front end to remotely monitor and control equipment throughout JSC.
- Oversee the TIP’s alarm management software. Maintain and update alarm philosophy documentation, generate and present TIP’s reports. Develop, implement, and maintain alarm rationalization plan.
- Responsible for the operability of over 40 building control systems consisting of Honeywell XL500, PLC’s and Johnson Controls Metasys control systems. This includes maintaining driver software and coordinating vendor maintenance schedules.
- Provide engineering support to maintenance craft in troubleshooting control problems. Review corrective repair/resolution database (RID) and coordinate creation of work orders to address RIDs request.
- Provide support to engineering design department on projects involving modifications to control systems. This includes review of design for open architecture and standardization of controls.
- Interface on regular basis with Honeywell (on-site contractor) and NASA (customer) in resolving issues and improving EBI (building control system).
- On call to troubleshoot and reconcile any control or communications problems which may arise within the EBI system and/or building control systems including equipment PLC and software issues.
- Perform data searches to provide monthly reporting deliverables
- Serve as team member on Energy and Water Conservation team
- Perform data extraction from EBI system upon request.
- Perform data extraction from ControlSoft Intune software and create scripts and reports to aid in automation of building and equipment troubleshooting.
- Program and troubleshoot Johnson Controls Metasys control systems
- Provide oversight of operations rounds and readings software, providing direction to both operators and IT personnel guidance regarding hardware issues.
- Designing, procuring and overseeing building of bench top test facility to test all new controls to be added to the “pre-approved vendor list”.
BS degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred with a background in controls.