Purpose of the position
Will perform assigned clerk and assistant duties in an HR Department onsite at the NASA Johnson Space Center. Assists in timekeeping and badging duties. Assists in human resources projects in support of specialized functions.
Principal Responsibilities of the Position
- Assists in the implementation of human resources policies and procedures through the dissemination of employee booklets, communication, and/or meetings..
- Processes necessary paperwork for new hires. Works with business units to ensure receipt of timely and accurate employment/termination relevant information.
- Enters and maintains employee information in HRIS systems to ensure that employee documentation is current.
- Researches and consolidates information required for analysis of human resources operations and prepares special projects as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Zero or more years of human resources experience.
- Experience working with human resources principles, practices and procedures.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen in order to obtain required NASA badge.
- Must be able to provide a certified Birth Certificate (with state seal), Passport, or INS Citizenship documents on date of hire (candidate will be sent home if this paperwork is not provided upon arrival on date of hire).
- Must have the ability to communicate the English language, both verbally and written, in an effective manner.
- Must have, and maintain, a valid Texas driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a Pre-Employment background check and drug screen test.
- Clean, neat, and professional personal appearance.
- Will insure quality and completeness of work in a safe and timely manner as well as insuring areas worked are clean and neat
- Discretion regarding personal HR information
- Special Knowledge and Skills Required
- Basic organization skills to balance and prioritize work.
- Good interpersonal skills for interacting with team members and clients.
- Good communication skills.
- Basic analytical and problem solving skills.
- Dexterity to operate office equipment as required by the position.
- Prior knowledge of NASA site, experienced with working on government installations preferred.