Supervises, maintains, designs, develops, evaluates and modifies power transmission, distribution, and generation systems and equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervises duties, work performance and activities performed by the Linemen.
- Designs, plans, and oversees installation and maintenance of electrical equipment and components.
- Defines requirements and creates specifications for equipment installation, repair, and maintenance work performed on transmission and distribution systems by contractors.
- Specifies appropriate equipment based on reliability, performance, availability and maintainability.
- Writes and approves utility procedures to permit Lock-out, Tag-out of equipment to be maintained safely.
- Ensures vendor designs comply with site requirements and verifies designs are implemented with consideration to power management, electrical safety standards and reliable performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical with 15 years’ experience in maintenance/operation of 138KV to 4160 volt utility or large industrial electrical systems including generation.
- Registered Professional Engineer, preferably in Texas.
- Experience managing projects and reporting their status to management.
- Experience with common electrical maintenance practices and tests, including evaluating test results.
- Experience working with software such as ETAP for fault current analysis, relay settings/co-ordination, load flows, and arc-flash studies.
- Must pass a federal background check.
Candidate will supervise linemen who are members of local IBEW union. This person will plan and schedule maintenance to equipment and write/approve and execute utility procedures to lock-out and tag-out equipment to be maintained safely. Candidate will write the scope of work specifications for outside contractors to bid on installations or maintenance that can’t be performed by the Linemen.
Candidate should be familiar with requirements to install and maintain transformers, vacuum circuit breakers, gas circuit breakers, relays, reclosers, switches, and fuses. This person preferably will have experience with software like ETAP for fault current analysis, relay settings/co-ordination, load flows and arc-flash studies. Candidate should be familiar with insulation tests; i.e. Doble power factor and Megger, insulating oil tests, and be able to interpret tests such as transformer turns ratio, ductor tests, and partial discharge analysis. This person will respond to trouble calls 24 hours/ day providing urgent restore service direction to the Linemen and reporting status to contractor and government management.
Candidate should have previous experience with project management and direct projects to adhere to schedules and budgets. Candidate is expected to make regular progress reports to management about projects schedule and costs. Candidate must have cost estimating and design experience and update one-line and shop drawings.