The Human Health and Performance Contract is seeking a Hardware Systems Engineer for an upcoming NASA exploration project in the Houston, Texas area. This position is a support role developing and integrating next generation technology, processes, and design, into flight solutions that will enable astronauts and the program to safely return to the lunar surface. In this role, the candidate will define and manage system requirements, verification and validation activity, help define the system architecture, evaluate system characteristics and performance, lead integration efforts, participate in testing of work products and support the lifecycle review process. In addition, duties will include participation in design reviews, risk and opportunity management and leveraging subject matter experts to execute technical strategy. Candidates will also routinely be required to work with innovative technology, design and processes developed internally by NASA and externally by leading technology companies and will perform trade studies and execute down select. As such, a desire to understanding the Systems Engineering lifecycle process is required. Applicants must have experience with leading technical projects.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 8 years of related experience; or 3 years of related experience with a related Master’s degree.
• Experience with leading technical projects
• Experience designing and leading complex system development which includes both hardware and software configuration items
• Ability to occasionally travel
• Experience with interpersonal skills in a teaming environment where collaboration and communication are critical to the functioning of the team
• Experienced technical problem solver
• Passion for Systems Engineering
• Experience in systems engineering involving system requirements, functional decomposition and allocation, functional integration, integrated design, analysis and evaluation, verification
• Requirements Development
• Experience with Development Assurance, Certification and Safety Analysis
• Cradle or DOORs or similar requirements development software and its application across all elements of systems engineering and artifact linkage
• Object oriented programming
• Model Based Systems Engineering
This position is expected to be 100% onsite at Johnson Space Center.