The purpose of this position is to provide critical systems engineering skills as NASA continues to evolve systems for exploration missions including Gateway, lunar surface, Mars transit, and Mars surface missions.
This position will:
- Support exploration projects as a practicing, systems engineer creating development life cycle artifacts and guiding other team members in the creation of systems engineering artifacts.
- Guide and implement systems engineering principles and practices across systems and contribute experience and leadership to the development of an organizational capability for systems engineering, including mentoring, training, and process development.
- Work closely with stakeholders including customers, team leads, and team members, and therefore must possess solid human spaceflight engineering technical knowledge and experience, along with excellent communication skills.
- Participate in, and support leads in guiding, activities throughout the life cycle phases of systems, from early concept development, trade studies, design, integration, testing, verification and validation, operations and through sustainment.
- Support, and lead aspects of guiding, implementing, and managing project team activities including defining system stakeholder needs, decomposing system functions, developing technical requirements, negotiating and capturing system interfaces, performing design analyses, supporting the planning and execution of system verification and validation activities, and supporting system testing and operations.
- Experience with NASA, DoD and/or industry systems engineering and project management processes and practices.
- Other duties will be assigned as required.
- Experience in seeking out and successfully obtaining new work.
- Awareness of spaceflight impacts to human physiology, behavior, and medical state is desired.
- BS degree in engineering
- Eight to Ten (8-10) years of applicable professional experience which has led to increasing levels of technical and leadership responsibilities Technical, functional, and/or project lead experience in systems engineering or a related technical field Project Oversight Designing for Sustainment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to translate concepts across multiple disciplines
- MS Degree in engineering Systems engineering certification and/or formal training
- Background in bioastronautics
- Background in human spaceflight mission full life cycle activities
- Proficient in Cradle or DOORS
- Systems Testing EVA systems engineering experience
- Experience with NASA or DoD Work Instructions and MBSE practices
- Prior experience with the NASA flight hardware development process
- Experience with data visualization tools and scripting languages
Location: Houston TX, 77058
Must Pass A Federal Background Check