Must Be a US Citizen.
As a Formal Methods Engineer you will:
- Develop certification plans for complex autonomous systems.
- Perform contract-based system design.
- Write system interface specifications.
- Execute formal methods for model checking, theorem proving, static analysis, and runtime monitoring.
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate’s experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree from an accredited engineering school and five (5) years of related engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and four (4) years of related engineering experience, or Ph.D. from an accredited engineering school and zero (0) years of related experience.
- Experience with formal methods (model checking, theorem proving, static analysis, or runtime monitoring).
- Experience with formal logics and writing specifications.
- Experience with certification plans for complex autonomous systems.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and coordination skills, and strong customer service attitude.
- Experience with contract-based design.
- Experience with distributed verification.
- Proficiency with C/C++ coding.
- Proficiency with Linux.
- Proficiency with scripting languages such as Python.
- Avionics and Software Architecture.
- NASA software and systems development standards.