Company Conformance Statement
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Employees are required to:
- Comply with all applicable safety- and health-related rules, regulations, and procedures;
- Work safely themselves and help their teammates work safely;
- Assist supervisors and managers in identifying and mitigating potentially hazardous conditions; and
- Help the organization maintain a safe and healthy workplace.
Purpose of the position
Will perform assigned financial duties as a contractor employee onsite at the NASA Johnson Space Center. Develops, interprets, and implements financial and accounting statements and concepts, or techniques for financial planning and control. Prepares studies, reports, and analyses in areas such as budgets, financial modeling, forecasts, financial plans, governmental requirements, statistical reports, cash flow projections, business forecasts or other analyses.
Principal Responsibilities of the Position
- Performs financial analyses including budgeting, trend analysis, forecasting, correcting, and financial modeling. Develops recommendations from information and results; considers and conducts additional analyses as appropriate.
- Collects budget, midyear forecast and other financial information; interprets, summarizes and uploads the information to financial systems to provide information about profit and loss.
- Analyzes budget, midyear forecast or other types of financial information and recommends corrections of any problems or inconsistencies to management.
- Assists in developing financial controls, procedures, systems, and forecasting techniques to evaluate contract / program status and ensure compliance with government and customer requirements.
- Develops and maintains financial statements using accounting and budgeting software in order to provide financial statements and reports to management and the corporate office.
- Develops executive reports using database structures and end user interfaces to provide information to the appropriate personnel as needed.
- Assists department in completion and understanding of budgets and other financial analyses.
- Prepares, analyzes, and publishes monthly financial rolling forecast with detail to appropriate management and the corporate office.
- Maintains integrity of accounting and budgeting software systems by checking for errors and inconsistencies.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education of experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting or related field preferred.
- Three or more years of finance or accounting experience.
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software.
- Experience working with financial analysis.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen in order to obtain required NASA badge.
- Must be able to provide a certified Birth Certificate (with state seal), Passport, or INS Citizenship documents on date of hire (candidate will be sent home if this paperwork is not provided upon arrival on date of hire).
- Must have the ability to communicate the English language, both verbally and written, in an effective manner.
- Must have, and maintain, a valid Texas driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a Pre-Employment background check and drug screen test.
- Clean, neat, and professional personal appearance.
- Will insure quality and completeness of work in a safe and timely manner as well as insuring areas worked are clean, neat and ready for customers needs when complete.
Special Knowledge and Skills Required
- Communication skills.
- Personal computer and business solutions software skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Good organization skills to balance and prioritize work.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness to travel.
- Dexterity to operate office equipment as required by the position.
- Prior knowledge of NASA site, experienced with working on government installations preferred.