Company Conformance Statement
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Employees are required to:
- Comply with all applicable safety and health related rules, regulations, and procedures
- Work safely themselves and help their teammates work safely
- Assist supervisors and managers in identifying and mitigating potentially hazardous conditions
- Help the organization maintain a safe and healthy workplace
Purpose of the position
Provide operations support as directed.
Principal Responsibilities of the Position
- Knowledgeable of the operation, use, and maintenance of industrial/municipal utility systems and equipment associated with chiller and heating plant operation and maintenance, electrical/water distribution, fire protection, sanitary and storm sewer systems, emergency power generation and associated codes and regulations.
- Identifies operational problems by observing and studying system functioning and performance results; investigating complaints and suggestions; completing troubleshooting procedures.
- Develops operational solutions by defining, studying, estimating, and screening alternative solutions; calculating economics; determining impact on total system.
- Anticipates operational problems by studying operating targets, modes of operation, unit limitations; monitoring unit performance. Improves operational quality results by studying, evaluating, and recommending process re-design; implementing changes; contributing information and opinion to unit design and modification teams.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures.
Other job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Utilize electrical schematics to diagnose, isolate and correct electrical and electronics issues in a timely manner
- Knowledge of Programmable Logic Controls (PLCs), HMI Programming, digital and analog sensors, VFDs, generators, generator controls and interfaces
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Provide project support to Maintenance and Construction departments
- Responds to equipment failures, diagnoses problems, performs root cause analysis, and writes work orders.
- Monitors equipment maintenance to ensure efficient and safe operation. Initiates, conducts, participates in and writes reports, incident critiques or corrective actions following quality, and performance incidents.
Education and Experience Requirements
- The successful candidate will have Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) with 1 or more years of experience in areas described below.
Special Knowledge and Skills Required
- Have 138 KV and 15KV electrical experience with breakers, switchgear, relaying, and substation ring bus.
- This position is located onsite at NASA JSC and requires US Citizenship.
- Be able to read and understand instructions both verbal and written.
- Be able to understand the various electrical systems located in buildings.
- Must have the ability to communicate the English language both verbally and written in an effective manner.
- Must be able to efficiently use a computer.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Dexterity to operate office and field equipment as required by the position.
- In good physical shape/condition for climbing in and out of tight restricted working areas, as applicable.