- Provide support including sustaining and working with hardware and software in the areas of design, installation, testing and troubleshooting.
- This includes creating hardware and software system design and installation drawings and procedures, troubleshooting with electrical test equipment (i.e. voltmeters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, etc.).
- Design unique tests fixtures and methods for advanced development test programs for the International Space Station, Orion, and Commercial Crew.
- Manage a variety of tests and experiments throughout the entire project cycle per the customer-provided statement of work.
- Develop required test documentation such as test plans, procedures, and hazard analyses.
- Review test data and generate detailed test reports.
- Provide support in the Energy Systems Test Area with electrical engineering design, test and maintenance functions.
- Perform other duties as required.
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate’s experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited engineering school.
- Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the Electrical Engineering field.
- Must have electrical design experience.
- Must be familiar with electrical test equipment (i.e. voltmeters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, etc.).
- Must have experience troubleshooting systems as well as creating drawings and procedures for electrical systems.
- Familiarity with National Instruments data acquisition equipment and software (LabView) and Diadem.
- Familiarity with CAD, instrumentation, data acquisition and controls.
- Experience with IPGA and real time systems.
- Exposure to environments such as thermal, vacuum, vibration and power systems testing.
- Experience planning and establishing work priorities.
- Proficient in MS Office programs, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work in a team environment.