Must be a US Citizen
- Support Johnson Space Center’s activities on the International Space Station and space exploration.
- Work in a team environment to analyze requirements from the customer and develop design solutions.
- Design, develop, test, handle implementation, and analysis of technical products and systems.
- Perform engineering design evaluations.
- Produce engineering drawings conforming to JPR 8500 and other applicable standards.
- Perform dimensional fit tolerance analysis.
- Produce drawings conforming to ASME Y14.5.
- Prepare and present designs at various design reviews using MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Support project meetings and create reports as required.
- Produce other required design documentation.
- Perform other duties as required.
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate’s experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- Certification of two (2) years training from a vocational training school or two (2) years of college with courses relevant to drafting or engineering principles, plus an additional four (4) years of relevant experience. Additional relevant education may be substituted for a portion of the progressive experience.
- Must have the ability to produce drawings conforming to ASME Y14.5.
- Must have experience producing design, develop, test, and handling implementation of technical products and systems.
- Must have design experience using solid modeling CAD software, including some working experience using PTC CREO or Pro Engineering.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with MS Office products.
- Familiarization with JSC Engineering Drawing System Manual (JPR 8500).
- Familiarization with JSC Fabrication Tolerances and Practices (SKZ36103755).
- Minimum of six (6) years experience designing flight hardware and creating drawings for NASA/JSC.
- Minimum of six (6) years experience using PTC Creo or Pro Engineering.