- Lead a team of embedded software developers and engineers in the maintenance and upgrade of exercise systems used by the crew onboard the International Space Station.
- Solve complex software problems.
- Manage project requirements.
- Develop and maintain resource-loaded software development schedules.
- Maintain project risk list.
- Monitor development costs.
- Represent the software team at project meetings.
- Performing other duties as required.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and ten (10) years of direct engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and eight (8) years of direct engineering experience, or Ph.D. and four (4) years of direct engineering experience.
- Recent experience with developing embedded software for safety critical systems.
- Experience with the managing of embedded software development projects.
- Proficiency with C/C++ coding.
- Proficiency with Linux OS.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project.
- Experience with new project cost estimation.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and coordination skills, and a strong customer service attitude.
- Proficiency with scripting languages such as Python or Bash.
- Familiarity with health monitoring devices such as heart rate monitors.
- Familiarity with exercise systems such as treadmills.
- Familiarity with Visual Studio.
- Familiarity with Visual Basic.
- Familiarity with LabView .
- Familiarity with Bluetooth devices.
- Familiarity with Windows 10 OS.
- Avionics and Software Architecture.
- NASA and ISS software and systems development standards.