Qualifications: Required: 8+ years of experience working in construction field leadership roles
- Strong knowledge of construction sequencing.
- Attention to detail and relating that to drawings.
- Knowledge of the IBC Codes and related material.
- Civil inspection, mechanical inspection, and minor electrical experience is advantageous.
- Strong critical thinking, creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and listening skills.
- Ability to build to relationships and deal with issues calmly.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Learn and understand building codes that apply to each unique project to ensure regulations are being followed by all parties working on project site including subcontractors.
- Coordinate with project teams to ensure sound engineering principles, and construction best practices are utilized on project.
- Perform construction inspections, coordination, and evaluation of contractor performance to ensure project deliverables and quality standards are achieved.
- Review construction-related drawings, technical specifications, reports, and other construction documents related to new and existing construction projects.
- Ensure company standards as outlined in quality control/assurance manuals are effectively implemented.
- Observe site functional performance testing
- Enforce high safety standards including a clean job site
- Manage and perform weekly safety inspections
- Perform investigations and site reviews to determine design and repair options, building investigation reports and other construction documents related to project investigations.
- BS degree in Construction Management, Construction Science
- 2-5 years experience on building and plant construction projects
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office