*Location is Houston TX 77062 (Clear Lake Area)
The Commercial Contracts Attorney will focus on all contracts and policies related to the company’s internal and external relationships including but not limited to
- commercial consulting agreements,
- vendor contracts,
- subcontractor agreements,
- non-disclosure agreements, proposals,
- and all employment-related documentation.
- The ideal candidate will have familiarity with numerous types of support contracts with the ability to rapidly review vendor-provided agreements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Serve as company point of contact for Export Control programs, RFP, procurement, vendor and supplier processes and documentation
· Draft, negotiate and review a variety of commercial supplier, service, and technology agreements in support of multiple business units
· Represent the company with subcontractors and suppliers to ensure the consistency of vendor-provided contract terms with company policies and goals
· Manage contract and subcontract policies and procedures to ensure efficiency and compliance with appropriate laws and regulations while meeting company objectives
· Support continuous improvement of contract templates, processes, software, workflow, and internal policies
· Insurance – Annual Company Renewals and Portfolio Management
· Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information
· Coordinate with colleagues across the organization to optimize process and outcomes
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· Juris Doctorate required from a top ABA-Approved Law School
· 5 years of experience managing and processing a wide variety of commercial contracts in high volume
· Experience with export control, insurance policies, liability/indemnity/waiver agreements required
· Experience with licensing agreements preferred
· 2 years of in-house legal experience with a technology, manufacturing, medical, or analogous organization required
· 2 years of law firm work required
· Must be highly organized and be able to manage large volumes of contracts in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to read, analyze, interpret, create, and execute complex written documents
· Ability to understand and apply advanced legal and regulatory concepts
· Ability to autonomously structure process, future planning, and management guidance
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, interpret, draft and edit a wide array of legal documents, including contracts, terms and conditions, legal decisions, and professional journals. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of contracts and agreements and focus on details under time constraints. Exhibits application of responsible judgment, including for safety and compliance, as well as for the planning and execution of projects.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; and designs workflows and procedures
· Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; and selects and uses appropriate communication methods
· Continuous Learning – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback to improve performance; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; and shares expertise with others
· Cooperation – Establishes and maintains effective relations; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; and works actively to resolve conflicts
· Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; benefits organization through volunteered efforts; follows organizational guidelines for affirmative action, diversity, and expected workplace behaviors; and manages competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem-solving situations; and uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
· Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; and monitors own work to ensure quality
· Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts the success of the team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; and supports everyone’s efforts to succeed