*Must pass a federal background check.
Location: 77058 (please look up the location)
Salary: $65k-70k DOE, 401k, vacation, sick, holidays off, full time, long term, growth opportunities
Company Conformance Statement
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Employees are required to:
- Comply with all applicable safety- and health-related rules, regulations, and procedures;
- Work safely themselves and help their teammates work safely;
- Assist supervisors and managers in identifying and mitigating potentially hazardous conditions; and
- Help the organization maintain a safe and healthy workplace.
Current work schedule: (subject to change)
- Hybrid work – employee must be willing to work in the office a minimum of two days per week.
Capabilities to telework the other days.
- Hours are Monday – Thursday 7:30am – 5pm; Friday 7:30am – 4pm with every other Friday off.
Purpose of the position
- Will perform assigned Procurement Associate Professional duties as a contracting employee onsite at the NASA Johnson Space Center.
Principal Responsibilities of the Position
- Maintain procurement records in accordance with company’s policy and procedure and applicable FAR requirements
- Create and input badge requests for subcontractor personnel when needed
- Resolve outstanding invoices through research, review and contact with suppliers, change order creation and close coordination with Accounting, on behalf of the Procurement Department
- Obtain and keep current, other vendor paperwork for company’s current supply base through close coordination with Procurement personnel, Corporate points of contact as well as suppliers
- Work with the Receiving Department to resolve outstanding Overages, Shortages, & Damage Reports as well as 290s.
- Procuring equipment, materials and within his/her approved delegation of authority.
- Work with subcontractors to do services onsite repairs or maintenance. This will require employee to create job walks, handle badging and scheduling with internal customers.
- Assist Procurement personnel obtaining Monthly Required Reports (Injury Illness, etc.)
- Assist management with metrics reporting (Procurement Spend, Administrative Lead Time, Small Business and/or Corporate Data Pull reporting).
- Assist with Close Out reporting and assist with purchase order closeout.
- Assist with procurement file room management.
- Scanning of procurement files and document management on shared drives.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline and one year of applicable experience, or three years of applicable experience in lieu of a degree.
Previous experience with procurement, procurement procedures and/or processes is desired.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen in order to obtain required NASA badge.
- Must be able to provide a certified Birth Certificate (with state seal), Passport, or INS Citizenship documents on date of hire (candidate will be sent home if this paperwork is not provided upon arrival on date of hire).
- Must have the ability to communicate in the English language, both verbally and written, in an effective manner.
- Must have, and maintain, a valid Texas Driver’s License.
- Must be able to pass a Pre-Employment background check and drug screen test.
- Clean, neat, and professional personal appearance.
- Will insure quality and completeness of work in a safe and timely manner as well as insuring areas worked are clean, neat and ready for Customers’ needs when complete.
- Must be able to perform job walks with customers and vendors.
Special Knowledge and Skills Required
- Must be proficient with MS Office applications (MS Excel, Outlook, and Word).
- Must be able to multi-task and work cross-functionally in order to successfully perform duties.
- Dexterity to operate office equipment as required by the position.
- Prior knowledge of NASA site, experienced with working on government installations preferred.