- Develop architectures for distributed spacecraft control systems.
- Perform controllability/observability analyses for complex systems.
- Perform system stability assessments.
- Performing other duties as required.
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate’s experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree from an accredited engineering school and five (5) years of related engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and four (4) years of related engineering experience, or Ph.D. from an accredited engineering school and zero (0) years of related experience.
- Experience with architecting distributed control systems.
- Experience with classical and modern control methods, including robust, optimal, hybrid, and distributed control.
- Experience with both discrete and continuous control systems.
- Experience with controllability/observability analysis for complex systems.
- Experience with assessing stability of a system with real-world assumptions (lossy, latent networks, etc.).
- Excellent communication, negotiation and coordination skills and strong customer service attitude.
- Proficiency with C/C++ coding.
- Proficiency with Linux.
- Proficiency with scripting languages such as Python.
- Avionics and Software Architecture.
- NASA software and systems development standards.