On-site at NASA Johnson Space Center zip code 77058, Please check your commute.
Temp to hire- with health benefits
*Must be able to pass a Federal Background Check (Clean Criminal, Financial, US Citizen)
Responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of office activities and providing administrative support to the Program Director and Senior Managers. Office operation responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Greet visitors & suppliers daily and in a professional manner
- Answer, screen & route calls from the phone switchboard.
- Assist with guests security badging, FedEx/shipment accounts and record retention processes
- Provide Wi-Fi guest access
- Sort & distribute mail
- Prepare express shipments.
- Manage calendars and expense reports
- Requisition, code and reconcile non-labor purchases & ensure office machinery is fully operational.
- Restock office/kitchen supplies; order and pick up lunches as needed
- Building liaison responsible for communicating with building facility managers and Customer. Coordinate on-site/off-site meetings and events including food & beverage ordering/pickup/setup, AV support and consultant/meeting location placement.
Administrative support activities include, but are not limited to:
- Data entry, filing, presentation preparation (Power Point and other programs) and audit requests.
- Other Duties maybe assigned as required to support the Program Director and Sr. Staff functions.
Provide administrative support to various functional areas to include data entry, filing, mailings, small projects and other duties as assigned.
Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Ability to learn other software systems as needed.
Individual must be:
- Highly motivated, a self-starter, an enthusiastic team player, as well as, work independently and present themselves in a professional manner.
- Must understand, and comply with, the highly confidential nature of the position.
- Must be able to demonstrate task diversity, prioritize tasks and work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Individual should be able to establish a positive rapport with all levels of the organization, have strong written and verbal communication skills and handle issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Must be customer service oriented, attentive to detail and reliable.
- Preferred candidate will possess 5+ years of executive administrative/front office experience.
- Dexterity to operate office equipment as required by this position.