The individual will be required to perform duties as a Buyer and Subcontract Administrator. This individual is responsible for cradle to grave procurement support to include contributing to the development of the management strategies, assisting with the execution approach and coordinating the overall written procurement proposal plans and text, and price estimates for formal and informal proposal activities within the company.
- Review purchase requisitions for clarity, compliance, detail, completeness, and obtain additional information considered necessary. Develop sourcing lists for various commodities to support the development of requests for information (RFIs), quotations (RFQs), proposals (RFPs) and invitations to bid.
- Prepare Requests for Quotes and Proposals, comparisons, recommendations, and justifications.
- Review proposals, negotiate price and payment and delivery terms, select or recommend suppliers, analyzes trends, follows up orders placed, and verifies delivery.
- Confer with suppliers and analyze suppliers’ operations to determine factors that affect prices and determine lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules specific to an identified geographic location.
- Compile and analyze statistical data to determine feasibility of buying products and to establish price objectives.
- Prepare cost/price analysis documentation in accordance with Procurement Policies and Procedures.
- Generate Purchase Orders in final form for approval and signature. Maintain supplier files and purchase order records in accordance with established policies, procedures, and audit guidelines to ensure compliance through the procurement cycle.
- Actively manage the procurement process from order placement, receipt of products, and subsequent payment of invoices.
Subcontract Administrator responsibilities:
- Reviews Statements of Work (SOW) for clarity, compliance, detail, completeness and obtain additional information as necessary
- Prepares the solicitation document for complex acquisitions to include statements of work, terms and conditions, flow-down terms and conditions, bid or performance evaluation factors, and other measures incorporated into the Requests for Proposal as may be appropriate for the procurement.
- Schedule and perform job walks with customers and vendors.
- Serves as the focal point when bids are received, reviews both the technical and cost proposals.
- Consults with technical staff, and resolves matters of disagreement between company and the potential subcontractor.
- Consults with company staff representing the legal, technical, financial, and managerial interests of the subcontract award and technical performance.
- Ensures the receipt, accuracy and timeliness of subcontractor submitted documents relating to the subcontract deliverables as well as monitoring performance relative to timeliness, cost considerations, and technical objectives.
- Prepares price and/or cost analyses using techniques other than adequate price competition.
- Prepares written reports, letters, and memoranda required for internal and external distribution.
- Coordinates subcontracting activities with various internal and external sources.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, inventory management, supply chain or related field preferred.
- Experience working in an approved purchasing system (CPSR) environment is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations is required.
- Specific Skills: Extensive experience with Microsoft Office software to include: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Projects. Maximo and Costpoint experience is a PLUS.
- Knowledge of the Service Contract Act, Davis Bacon Act and Collective Bargaining Agreements is highly desirable.
- Other Requirements: Minimal to moderate travel may be required
TAMA is an equal opportunity employer and drug-free workplace